Sunday, November 22, 2009

Journal 3

Downhill skiing or snowboarding, that is the question. I grew up on skies but about 4 years ago I tried snowboarding and loved it. Skiing was pretty hard to learn compared to snowboarding. I’ve crashed a lot on skies, I always seem to get tangled around myself and end up with a runaway ski. I'm also a bit of a speed demon, when I fall, I fall hard. A few years ago I was attempting a really hard hill (the step above a black diamond, I can't remember what it's called) Pretty soon I was speeding down this icy slope totally out of control when I noticed that at the speed and direction I was going, soon I would either hit a tree or this orange plastic thing that resembled something you would find at a construction site. Thinking fast, I swerved toward the plastic thing thinking it would hurt less than the tree. Somehow I missed it and fell, rolling through the ice, losing both my skies. Finally, 40 feet later, I stopped moving. I laid there for a few minutes, trying to figure out what happened. Eventually I decided it as a bad idea to lie in the middle of the slope, so I got up and slowly made my way down to my skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment