Monday, November 23, 2009

Journal 5

Last weekend I attended something called District Honor Band, which is basically a bunch of band student who get together and play hard music together. This year Surrel decided that it was time for me to join the ranks of devoted and talented upperclassmen. So Friday morning I woke up at five to get ready for my long day ahead. Upon arriving at school I quickly found my seat buddy, Marshall, he pulled out his laptop and we watched Moulin Rouge on the way to rock springs. The first day of practice consisted of 8 hours of intensive practice. I play the alto saxophone, and was stationed as a second alto. The music was amazing: we played Pilatus Mountain of Dragons, and Flight of the Paisa, and a few other songs that don't deserve mention. I was seated between two saxes who just happened to be cousins. One was didn't know how to play the saxophone and the other much rather be with the boyfriend she was texting so frantically. The next day the movie of choice was V for Vendetta. The concert overall was a success, except for one horrendous honk by one of the cousins in Pilatus. We got to watch the choir, although Marshall fell asleep and I would be found guilty of chatting away with a saxophone from Dubois that I just happen to know from a summer camp I attended 4 years ago. I returned home suffering from ataxia and with an inspiration to work on my tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment